Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin | Centre for British Studies | M.A. British Studies | FAQs | Which language tests does the Centre accept?

Which language tests does the Centre accept?


The application must contain proof of your proficiency in form of an ETS TOEFL certificate (minimum score of 600 for the paper-based test, 250 for the computer-based test, or 100 for the internet-based test), or a Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (any grade), or a Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (grade A or B), or an IELTS test (level 7.0).

Neither a degree in English language, nor English language teaching experience will be considered as adequate proof. Only native speakers are exempt from this requirement.

Lower scores than those required will substantially reduce your chances of being accepted onto the course.